I struggle with making muffins. A lot of times my muffin's turn out heavy, dense, and tough. So, I have been on the lookout for a good blueberry muffin recipe, that I could make well. I have tried several, and I'm sure I'm more the problem than the recipe is. Anywho, I made this recipe up today, and it worked great!! I thought the cinnamon/blueberry combo might be weird, but it's actually quite delightful.
Modified from an allrecipe's recipe I found:
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp. butter, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease muffin tin, or line with with muffin liners.
2. Combine first 4 dry ingredients together.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
4. Pour into dry ingredients, and fold in.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
Combine last four ingredients. Cut the cold butter into the dry mixture. Sprinkle on top of uncooked muffins.
Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Any fool knows, a dog needs a home
12 hours ago