Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping

I struggle with making muffins. A lot of times my muffin's turn out heavy, dense, and tough. So, I have been on the lookout for a good blueberry muffin recipe, that I could make well. I have tried several, and I'm sure I'm more the problem than the recipe is. Anywho, I made this recipe up today, and it worked great!! I thought the cinnamon/blueberry combo might be weird, but it's actually quite delightful.

Modified from an allrecipe's recipe I found:

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp. butter, cubed

1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease muffin tin, or line with with muffin liners.
2. Combine first 4 dry ingredients together.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine wet ingredients.


4. Pour into dry ingredients, and fold in.


5. Fold in blueberries.


6. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

Topping:
Combine last four ingredients. Cut the cold butter into the dry mixture. Sprinkle on top of uncooked muffins.

Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

6 comments:

Snow White said...

those look great!

I too have struggled with muffins... but recently bought a jumbo muffin tin. I don't know if that helped, or what, but I LOVE muffins! I'll have to try these.

Lucy Marie said...

Yum. My mom has a delicious blueberry muffin recipe that I have loved since the moment I was born ... or at least since the moment I could eat solid food.

P.S. Those muffins are surely going to make an appearance at the slumber party, right?

Caley said...

Maybe not such a wise choice writing so many posts about delicious recipes . . . I think you will be in the kitchen the whole time! :)

Becky said...

I make ones similar to these too...mine have O.J. and oatmeal in them as well...delish!!

Emily MacKenzie said...

What about Banana? Anyone have a good banana muffin recipe?

SnoWhite said...

We made these this morning -- yummo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...