Saturday, August 7, 2010

Emily's Ginormous Ice Cream Sandwich "Cake"


My birthday was mid-week last week, and we didn't plan to celebrate on the actual day. However, my daughter could not live without a birthday cake. So, I figured if that was going to happen, I'd better get baking. :)

Side note - I actually did get a birthday cake made for me by my good friend, at work, B. A delicious blueberry crumble cake. However, since it was at work Sassy L wasn't a part of it, so that wasn't going to be good enough for her.

Here's what I did: I made up my favourite chocolate chip cookie dough, and pressed it into two nine inch round pans. I doubled the baking time I would use for a pan of individual cookies, and they were perfect. Enter ice cream!


I think it turned out pretty well, and couldn't resist this picture....

Also, I know ginormous isn't a real word. I like to make up my own vocabulary sometimes.

6 comments:

Amy Vine said...

Happy Birthday Em! I'm a terrible sister in law. I thought of it on the day and then it was too late to call. I sure hope you had a good one. I also hope you plan to make that big cookie again. It looks delicious!
Ames

Lucy Marie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day - love the cake.

Tamara Jane said...

Haha! That last picture is awesome!! And so was the "cake" :-)

SnoWhite said...

oh, happy birthday! And, what an awesome cake :)

Carrie said...

That looks delicious!!! Hope you had a good birthday!

Katherine said...

Oh my, what a great idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...